Process & contact
STERCORE HOLDING BV
Manure, digestates, crop and food industry wastes: 25%+ dry matter content.
- Liquid CO2
- Heat: 5MW heat/hour
- Bio-Based Carbon (enhanced biochar), for fertiliser and soil improver uses.
Specifications,3 depending on input materials:
- Form: solid, as pellets, powder or granules
- Water content 2-12%
- Organic carbon 49-52%
- C/N 12-18.
- typical heavy metals within regulations.
- PAK16:0.01-0.05 mg/kg
- Thallium: 0.09 mg/kg
- ndl-PCB: 0.0 mg/kg
- PCDD/F 0.38 mg/kg
- Pharmaceuticals: ND
- Pathogens: ND
Typical nutrient contents (on demand)
- N: 0.3 – 0.4 %
- P: 0.1 – 0.4 %
- K: 0.2 – 0.6 %
- Mg: 0.2 – 0.4%
- Ca: 1 – 2 %
1. Bio-active composting ensures pre-drying to 80% DM and pathogen removal (5 days at average 70°C).
2. Continuous (24/24) pyrolysis system with variable temperature and residence time (proprietary information). The input compost is processed into 20% water, 40% biogas and 40% solids (biochar). All solids remain / fixed in the biochar (Bio-Based Carbon)
3A. Syngas treatment system with specifically designed methane process.
3B. Bio-Based Carbon processing, mixing/adding customer specific NPK / micronutrients / organic matter, etc.
The whole system is constructed in a modular way.
A first full-scale installation is under construction, expected to be operational end 2023. The capacity (input raw material) is 350 – 400 kt/y (25%+DM)
The outputs are:
23 million m3 / y biomethane
30 kt/y liquid CO2
85 kt/y Bio-Based Carbon
5MW 70°C heat.
Two demo/pilot installations, batch and continuous, have been operated for a total time of about 15 months.
Photos: rotary drum and pre-drying installation designed by suppliers.