Project “Monitoring of water and sewage management in the context of the implementation of circular economy objectives” (acronym MonGOS).
The main goal of the project is to develop the circular economy (CE) monitoring framework for the European water and sewage sector. This sector is currently facing many challenges arising from the implementation of the CE model - the EU's political priority. Strategic goals of the project:
- identification and assessment of the potential for transformation towards CE in the water and sewage sector,
- exchange of good practices and transfer of knowledge between leading scientific institutions in Europe in the field of water and sewage management,
- developing a framework for monitoring the transformation towards CE in the water and sewage sector,
- developing and implementing a plan for the dissemination of international research results.
Project MonGOS is financed by the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange (NAWA) under the International Academic Partnerships Programme.
The project includes organization of three study visits, in Poland (2021), Finland (2021) and Lithuania (2022), two summer schools in Poland (2021) and Latvia (2022) and one international conference in Poland (2022).
Contact person: Dr Marzena Smol
Implementation period: 2020-01-01 - 2022-09-30
- Mineral and Energy Economy Research Institute of the Polish Academy of Sciences (Poland)
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Belgium)
- Lappeenranta University of Technology (Finland)
- Kaunas University of Technology (Lithuania)
- Tallinn University of Technology (Estonia)
- University of Latvia (Latvia)
- eRBeKa Foundation (Poland)
- Gdansk Water Foundation (Poland)
The project MonGOS - “Monitoring of water and sewage management in the context of the implementation of the circular economy assumptions“ is financed by the Polish National Agency for Academic Exchange (NAWA) under the International Academic Partnerships Programme.