Process & contact
SEDRON is a major engineering manufacturing company. Varcor is its water and sanitation technology.
- Sewage sludge (before or after anaerobic digestion)
- Organic waste streams from the food & beverage industry
In all cases, without need for prior filtration or centrifuge.
Solid pelletised organic (high organic carbon) fertiliser
- dry (<10% water)
- sanitised (100°C for guaranteed minimum 2 minutes)
- P and Corg levels depend on input material: e.g. 4% P/ww with dairy manure as input.
Pure water: P is generally non detectable. Suspended solids are generally non detectable
Ammonia solution: 10%-12%N/ww. Sold as liquid fertiliser. Phosphorus free. PFAS and pharmaceutical testing ongoing.
Both the solid and liquid fertilisers can be certified for Organic Farming in the US (when produced from manure).
The solid product can also be combusted for energy production.
Continuous, specific, patented Mechanical Vapour Recompression (MVR) process, using no added chemicals, and offering high energy efficiency. This dries and sanitises the material, evaporates/recovers water and strips ammonia in one process.
Contaminants in input materials (e.g. pharmaceuticals, PFAS in sewage sludge) are not removed and are transferred to the solid organic fertiliser product. In the US this is Class A Biosolid.
Early 2023: two full-scale units in operation, running now for 1-3 years, plus industrial scale pilots
- 150,000 t-ww/y unit treating raw manure from 4000 cows, Indiana, operating since date 2020
- 150 000 t-ww/y unit treating sewage and septic tank sludge, Seattle, since 2022 (photo)
- 1000 t-ww/y unit treating distillers waste (stillage) since 2022
- 800 000 t-ww/y dairy manure unit under construction